Who we are
The Safe Center LI is a creation of two former non-profit agencies that separately served the victims of domestic abuse and child abuse. Located in a historic Grumman building in Bethpage, it was created in 2014 through the merger of the Nassau County Coalition Against Domestic Violence (CADV)and the Coalition Against Child Abuse & Neglect (CCAN). Each had been providing services for victims of abuse for over 30 years.
The merger into one unified non-profit provides a fast and easy path to resources that assist in saving and changing the lives of the victims of domestic or dating abuse, child abuse, and rape and sexual assault.
Who we help
The Safe Center’s services are available for all persons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, marital status, disability, or age. We welcome everyone and work to overcome each victim’s unique barriers to safety.
How we help
The Safe Center offers a broad spectrum of services from counseling to housing, from advocacy to referrals, etc. through a highly trained, nurturing and compassionate staff of professionals well qualified to provide the highest level of services to enhance the recovery of trauma victims and their non-offending family members.
Those services can include:
- 24-hour Hotline, 516.542-0404
- Child Advocacy Center services
- Crisis intervention
- Individual, family and emergency counseling
- Legal Advocacy, consultations and representations
- Safe Home for Abused Families
- Transitional Housing Programs
- Referrals to additional services
- Community, professional and educational programs
- Counselors available at select sites throughout Nassau County
- Home for Multidisciplinary Teams of investigators from Nassau County (Police Detectives, Child Protective Services, District Attorney and Nassau University Medical Center) to enhance prosecutions of offenders
For more information go to PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Long Island United Way
- National Children’s Alliance
- Nassau Bar Association
- Prevent Child Abuse – New York