The Safe Center LI Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.Job openings at The Safe Center are posted as they become available. Please see individual career opportunities below for qualifications and application instructions.
The Safe Center, a highly respected, nonprofit agency located in Bethpage NY that assists victims of domestic and interpersonal violence is seeking a full time Comptroller. The agency employs almost 100 staff and has an annual budget of approximately $6,500,000. We are funded by government contracts, corporations, foundations, fundraising events and individual donors.
The Comptroller reports to the Executive Director and leads a department of 4.
- Oversight and management of all aspects of The Safe Center’s Fiscal Department including accounts payable and receivable
- Develop and monitor annual budget and fiscal reports
- Participate in Board and Audit/Finance Committee meetings; interface with The Safe Center’s banking lender including providing quarterly reports
- Timely and accurate recording on a monthly basis of all financial transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for nonprofit entities and preparation of monthly financial reports
- Ensure that all financial activities adhere to the highest standards of internal control
- The timely completion of The Safe Center’s annual audit, tax filings and ensuring The Safe Center’s compliance with contract terms and applicable laws
- Implement improved accounting systems and processes
- Must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree in social work, mental health, education, public health or related field
- Knowledge of family violence/sexual assault andsome experience with these issues is a plus
- Must be creative and like learning and teaching
- Case management and advocacy with agencies such as department of social services, court, law enforcement, medical, mental health, housing and other service providers and community members
- Assist clients in establishing goals. Working with them to indentify resources, referrals and provide practical assistance to help them in achieving their goals.
- Assess clients for agency housing program and provide assistance in helping clients to find housing for when they leave the shelter
- Provide weekly individual and group independent living skills sessions
- Inform clients on using public transportation and provide transportation with agency van
- Coordinate with law enforcement and accompany clients to retrieve personal items from abusers residence
- Educate clients in using technology and electronics safely
- Safety planning
- Helping clients to get their needs met such as making doctor’s appointments and medication management
- Crisis intervention
- Oversight of shelter vehicles, maintenance and upkeep
- Provide coverage for the House Manager as needed
- Participation in staff meetings and supervision
- Perform related work as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, sociology or related field preferred
- Spanish-speaking required
- One year case management experience
- Experience working with domestic violence and mental illness preferred
Degree in Accounting, strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and government contract management, experience with the functional areas of payroll, accounts payable, cash management, experience with the management of automated financial management software including proficiency in excel and QuickBooks.
While the Comptroller position is a full time, salaried position, depending on one’s skills and dedication, there may be time and work location flexibility. Some evening work will be required for attendance at Board meetings and fundraising events.
Salary range is competitive and is based on experience. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave, agency contributions to medical and dental coverage and short-term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, and a 403(b) voluntary tax deferred annuity plan.
Please email resume and cover letter to Sandy Oliva, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description: The Safe Center’s Education Department seeks a dynamic, energetic, professional trainer on issues of family violence, relationship violence and sexual assault.(Educator will be given extensive training to reach competencies on these issues). Educator will work as part of a team, training professionals and community members on all aspects of these topics. This is a community education position with no counseling or direct service client contact. Training venues include schools, hospitals, community agencies, parent groups and conferences.
Qualifications and Skills:
Medical and other benefits included.
Job involves mostly local travel and requires a flexible schedule with evening and occasional weekend availability.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Agency and Program Description: The Safe Center LI is the premiere victim service agency in Nassau County, providing supportive services to victims of Domestic Violence, Rape and Sexual Assault, Human Trafficking and Child Abuse. The Safe Center has Nassau County’s only domestic violence shelter in a confidential location. The Safe Home serves adult and child survivors of domestic violence providing counseling, advocacy, case management, legal services, referrals and other supportive services.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Safe Home Coordinator the primary responsibilities of this position is to provide case management and advocacy services for those residing at the shelter.
Qualifications and Skills:
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week, primarily Monday-Friday with occasional weekends
To Apply: Qualified applicants should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: The Legal Services Center at The Safe Center LI has an opening for a bilingual legal assistant [English-Spanish-speaking preferred] to work with domestic violence and rape/sexual assault victims in Nassau County. Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to domestic violence, victims’ rights and/or public interest.
Responsibilities: The legal assistant works with the attorneys and other Legal Services Center employees, pro bono volunteers and student intern, handles intakes and referrals for clients, assists the director in scheduling appointments, maintains court calendars, and collects, reports, and maintains statistical information. In addition the legal assistant coordinates intern and volunteer schedules, and coordinates, prioritizes, and assigns intern and volunteer workflow. The Legal Assistant orders and maintains legal office supplies as well as scans all client correspondence and orders into client computer files and arranges, coordinates, and schedules monthly Legal Question and Answer Programs.
Qualifications and Skills: An Associate degree or relevant experience is required. Matrimonial and family law experience is required. Domestic Violence and or rape/sexual assault experience is preferred. Knowledge of Abacus and a paralegal degree are a plus.
To Apply: Please send resumes with cover letters to:
Lois Schwaeber, Esq.
Director of Legal Services
Legal Services Center at The Safe Center LI
15 Grumman Road West
Bethpage, New York 11714
e-mail – email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a good benefits package. Strong interpersonal skills are a must.